Eastern India Empowerment Contest 2016
Eastern India Empowerment Contest 2016
On occasion of 50th anniversary of International Society for Krishna Consciousness (ISKCON).
- What is the qualification to take part in the contest?
Ans: Anyone irrespective of their age, language, religion, educational qualifications etc. can take part in the quiz contest.
There are two categories in the contest:
1st: School students: Class 6th to 10th
2nd: Remaining all others including offline and online examinees.
The candidates of each category will be competing with the candidates of that particular category only.
- How many rounds of exam will be there?
Ans: The Quiz will have two rounds of exam:
- Round I – Screening Exam
- Round II – Main Exam
Screening exam is open for all candidates registering for the contest and Main exam will be open only for the candidates who qualify in the screening exam.
- What is the mode of examination- online (through internet at your home) / offline( Paper-question-answer based at the allocated exam center)?
There is only offline exam for Category-I for both levels of exam.
Round IExam :Category-II participants have the option of participating either online or offline. Those who wish to participate in online-exam can give exam online from their home/ own place. They can register for contest online at www.empowermentcontest.iskconkolkata.com. There will be no exam-center for online exam.The candidates appearing for online exam will be competing with other online candidates only and similarly offline exam candidates will be competing with other offline exam candidatesonly.
Round II Exam : Level II exam will be OFFLINE ONLY. Exam center will be in Kolkata. For level II exam, candidates selected from both online and offline exam will be merged together and considered as category II.
- In which language can I appear for the Quiz?
Ans: In case of online exam candidates, the exam will be only in English language.
For offline exam candidates, they can choose to appear either in Bengali or English or Hindi language. The language chosen by a candidate in offline exam will be same for both screening and main exam.
- What is the syllabus of the contest?
Ans: The screening and main exam syllabus is as follows:
- The Screening Exam will be based on the book “A Home for Whole World”, biography of His Divine Grace A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami SrilaPrabhupada, Founder Acharya of ISKCON. It also includes the lessons which we can learn from the struggles and contribution of this saint to the humanity.
- The Main Exam will be based on the book “A Home for Whole World” and on the book “Lord Caitanya, His Life and Teachings” and “Introduction part of Bhagavad Gita As it is…” (whichwill be gifted to the candidates who qualify in the Screening Exam).
- What kind of questions will be asked in the examination?
Ans: Both screening and mains exam will have different type of questions
- The screening Exam for offline exam candidates will have 80 Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) with 1 mark each to be answered in 1 hour. Some sample questions are available behind the contest book given as free gift during the registration.There will be two subjective questions asked which will be evaluated only if there is a tie between two or more candidates.
- The screening Exam for online exam candidates will have 80 MCQs with 1 mark each to be answered 40 min. Question if once answered and proceeded to next question cannot be re-answered.
- The Main Exam will be offline paper based of 1.5 hours with 40 MCQs with 1 mark each and subjective type questions of 40 marks.
- What about my exam center, date and time of exam?
a.For Category I candidates:
Round I exam: Your exam center will be either your school or some other near-by school in the town. Details of date and time will be provided at the time of registration in the school.
Round II-exam:Main Exam will be held on 18 Dec 2016 and the center will be in Kolkata which will be intimated to the selected candidates.
- Foronline exam candidates:
Round I exam: You can appear in this exam from any place of your comfort. Make sure that you have a good, uninterrupted power/ internet connection so that once you start writing exam, power/ internet connection is available till end. User id and password for the attempting the exam will be mailed and sms to you. The exam site will be active from 9 Oct to 23 Oct. If there is any change in the mentioned dates, the candidates will be intimated accordingly.
Round II -exam:Main Exam will be held on 18 Dec 2016 and the center which will be in Kolkata will be intimated to the selected candidates.
- For offline exam candidates:
Round I Exam:Hall ticket will be issued to you during registration. The candidate need to give choice of his/her exam language and exam centers (from available options) and depending on the availability, centers will be allotted for screening exam on specific date and time. Due to unavoidable circumstances, later, if there is any change in the center or date or time of the examination, the concerned candidates will be communicated accordingly.
The hall ticket must be carried to the exam center on the day of exam.Some of the exam centers options available for Screening Exam in Kolkata are:
- AbhinavBharati High School,
No: 11, Pretoria Street,
Near Nightingale Hospital,
Kolkata, West Bengal 700071
Round II Exam:Main Exam will be held on 18 Dec 2016 and the center which will be in Kolkata will be intimated to the selected candidates.
On losing Hall Ticket, one can collect a duplicate copy of the same on paying a fine of Rs 50.
- When will be the results of the contest declared?How can I know them?
Ans: a. The screening exam results with the name of selected candidates will be declared on 13 Nov 2016.
- The main exam results will be declared on 1 Jan 2017.
- The results will be available on iskconkolkata.com
- What are the Prizes and gifts of the contest?
Ans:For Category-I and Category-II, separately there will be following prizes-
- The Eastern India level first prize of the Main Exam is Rs 1 Lakh
- The Eastern India level second prize of the Main Exam is Rs50K
- The Eastern India level third prize of the Main Exam is Rs 25K
- Candidates with more than 60% marks in screening exam will receive merit certificates
- Top 5% candidates in screening exam will receive a special gift.
- Top 1% candidate in screening exam will receive a prize along with entry to Mains exam.
There arealso scholarships for admission in PARTHA Educational Institutions for Category I which are as mentioned below:
First 5 awardees: 100% scholarship
Next 10 awardees: 50% scholarship
Next 10 awardees: 30% scholarship
- Any contact information for queries?
Ans: For any queries, please contact: 7044189442, 7044189489 or email to
For online registrations: http://www.empowermentcontest.iskconkolkata.com/
Note: In case of any discrepancy related to the contest, the Central Coordinating Team of Empowerment contest will be the final decision making authority.